Honey, Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon

10 Aug

It’s summer and some days the weather turns warmer, hurrah!  Lighter, quicker to prepare dishes are firmly on the menu.

This is not an unusual dish, I am sure we all have variations of something similar in our repertoire, but sometimes it’s good to be reminded of ways of preparing dishes that we’ve loved and then forgotten.

Sticky Soy Salmon (3)

Ingredients (per person)

• 1 salmon fillet (sustainably farmed if you can find it)
  • ½ teaspoon runny honey
  • 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar
  • ¼ teaspoon finely chopped ginger (or grated)
  • ½ clove of crushed garlic

Mix all the marinade ingredients together and leave the salmon in it for at least 15 minutes but up to a few hours if you have time (remember to turn it over occasionally).

Drain then fry the fillets in a non stick pan (you won’t need any oil) for a couple of minutes each side until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and pour in any remaining marinade and cook quickly until it bubbles, pour this over the fish. I served this over a green salad packed full of gorgeous things like rocket and asparagus. A cheeky glass of white wine is most definitely recommended!

About these ads

39 Responses to “Honey, Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon”

1. mysimpledelights August 10, 2014 at 22:55 #

Que buena pinta!!!

2. Mad Dog August 10, 2014 at 23:58 #

Ha ha – it’s been boiling in London for about a month! Even with todays storms it was about 21º and a bit humid – 25º siting next to the computer!
    Your salmon sounds lovely. I’m having a cheeky glass of wine too, but mine’s rosado ;-)

• Chica Andaluza August 11, 2014 at 10:47 #

It’s not got cold down on the south coast either but we’ve had lots of weird days with storms and high winds. I was drinking a rosé tempranillo (special offer in Sainsburys right now!) last night – very nice J

3. Margot @ Gather and Graze August 11, 2014 at 02:54 #

Gorgeous flavours Tanya! I’m going to make this soon (even though it’s winter here) perhaps on a bed of jasmine rice with some sautéed asian greens. Cheers! Love the cheeky glass of white!

• Chica Andaluza August 11, 2014 at 10:48 #

Oh yes, rice and Chinese greens – perfect! Glad you liked the idea of the cheeky glass of white ;)

4. 76sanfermo August 11, 2014 at 04:54 #

Definitely intriguing.. I mean I’ll make it very soon ,cause it’s surely delicious and very ….elegant , as a dish!
    Thank you, dear Tanya !

5. Eha August 11, 2014 at 05:04 #

A wonderful dish [and appetizingly plated] I oft make actually both summer and winter. Kudos to you for your fine touch with the ginger and garlic: I fully agree the finesse of salmon does not require more but admit to having a heavier hand :) ! Have to laugh at Mad – it is winter’s end here but the temp at the moment [noon] is about 22 C and we think we are literally freezing! Please let the 30 C days arrive as soon as possible . . .

• Chica Andaluza August 11, 2014 at 10:50 #

You’re like me – I like things hot (food and temperature!). We are unexpectedly having to stay in England and people are walking around in strappy tops and I’m still in jeans, long sleeved t-shirts and cardigans ;)

6. Tandy | Lavender and Lime August 11, 2014 at 05:59 #

I shall be using this for some beef short ribs tonight :)

• Chica Andaluza August 11, 2014 at 10:50 #

Oh what a wonderful idea! Such a long time since I ate beef ribs – it’s mostly pork that we can buy.

7. thecompletebook August 11, 2014 at 08:43 #

There is something magical about honey, ginger and soy. Party flavours for your taste buds.
    Have a wonderful week Tanya. :-) Mandy xo

• Chica Andaluza August 11, 2014 at 10:51 #

Yes, they’re flavours that work so well together! Have a great week Miss Mandy J

8. emmabarrett1508 August 11, 2014 at 11:25 #

This salmon looks so delicious. Thank you for sharing fantastic recipe that is perfect for summer dining. Emma.

• Chica Andaluza August 11, 2014 at 13:43 #

Hi Emma thanks for visting my blog and your comment – glad you enjoyed the recipe!

9. A Famished Foodie August 11, 2014 at 15:27 #

I’ve been trying to cut back on some of my red meat eating, so I’ve been eating a ton of fish. It’s always nice to have more recipes to add to my queue.

10. narf77 August 11, 2014 at 19:37 #

Just looking at the title for this post reminded me of this…

“Oh pointy fish, oh pointy, pointy, anoint my tank, anoint-nointy…”

From the great one armed baird of quintessential English poetry I bastardised one of the only two poems that this gentleman ever wrote in order to find relevance in this post. Please forgive me Mr John Lillison, I swapped your “bird” for a “fish”…

In order that I have something to say about this delightful post I have stolen a quote from the illustrious movie “The Man With Two Brains” and have sufficiently bastardised it so that I can’t get sued. Mr Steve Martin quoted from the book of John Lillison, England’s greatest one-armed poet who was the first person ever to be killed in a car crash in 1894. A man who only ever wrote 2 poems before he was obliterated by a story-line. Alas, poor John Lillison never actually existed but his poem lives on to be the torment of the interwaves in perpetuity thanks to one loyal narf7…and sides…who ever heard of “Honey, ginger and soy glazed bird” eh?! I think my poetic license actually helped this poem limp into the 21st century ;)

• Chica Andaluza August 12, 2014 at 17:26 #

Bonkers, bonkers! But in a very good way ;)

• narf77 August 12, 2014 at 19:54 #

We all need at least one bonkers friend, even if they are an online friend and live far FAR away (come to think of it, probably best that the bonkers friends live far…far…FAR away ;) )

• Chica Andaluza August 13, 2014 at 10:00 #

Distance is nothing nowadays ;)

• narf77 August 13, 2014 at 10:05 #

;)

11. Ginger August 11, 2014 at 21:55 #

Great take on salmon – I will give this a try soon!

12. TBM August 12, 2014 at 14:09 #

A cheeky glass of wine is always welcome here. The better half would love this dish!

• Chica Andaluza August 12, 2014 at 17:32 #

The cheeky glass of wine seems to have been quite popular all round ;)

13. Amanda August 12, 2014 at 17:23 #

This looks delicious. I eat salmon about once a week. I like the sweet flavor you bring to this one.

• Chica Andaluza August 12, 2014 at 17:34 #

I thought I didn’t particularly like salmon but I’ve now discovered that I do!

14. Bluejellybeans August 12, 2014 at 20:09 #

Una receta perfecta Tanya! Me encanta el salmón y normalmente melimito a hacerlo o al horno o a la parrilla con ajo y perejil. La próxima vez probaré tu receta. ¡Qué suerte tienes con el tiempo! Aquí nos estamos muriendo de calor… ;)

15. Caroline August 12, 2014 at 23:23 #

Mmm sounds delicious! I agree with you–wine is always recommended!!

16. Karen August 13, 2014 at 00:54 #

I make a similar dish but why haven’t I thought to serve it with on top of a salad. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Chica Andaluza August 13, 2014 at 09:59 #

It’s good on top of rice or couscous when I’m hungrier!

17. restlessjo August 20, 2014 at 08:59 #

Yay! Easy I can do! :)

18. Mas Hery September 6, 2014 at 00:24 #

hemmmmmm….. this one is my favourite, when will u deliver to my country…. looks nice….

ãhãram

Sharing my favourite recipes with you

Ginger&Bread

A German expat's culinary survival guide to Britain

My Simple Delights

Tickle your taste buds

Zeb Bakes

Bread, the Garden, Walks in Green Places

Around the Bowl

Soups of the world - Recipes from around the globe & some creations of my own

Odd little creature-making

Gather and Graze

The Gourmand Traveller

A blog about food.

Garden Correspondent

Letters from a gardener in southern Turkey

San Luis Baking Co.

A City Girl's Adventures in Baking

What's Cooking

Fine dining my way

Food and Forage Hebrides

Gastronomic endeavours on the edge of Europe

I Spy with My Idiosyncratic Eye ...

GourmetGabriella

Abbandonarsi ai Piaceri per ritrovare il Benessere

Peri's Spice Ladle

Indian-inspired Food for the Global Palate

Just a Smidgen

..a lifestyle blog filled with recipes, photography, poems, and DIY

frugal feeding

n. frugality; the quality of being economical with money or food.

Una Vista di San Fermo

Milanscapes,countryside,recipes,art, photography and everyday life......

Expat Chef in Barcelona

From my kitchen to yours

recipes and more to inspire you

The Dorset Finca

A blog of all things reassuringly rural.

waterfallsandcaribous

sucking out the marrow...

FrugalFeeding

n. frugality; the quality of being economical with money or food.

Piglet in Portugal

Tales of life and travel in Portugal, UK and France with a humorous twist...

Pendle Stitches

Handmade in Lancashire

willowwears.com

A dressmaker with a passion for fashion

Peri's Spice Ladle

Indian-inspired Food for the Global Palate

100 Square Metres

The ins and outs and ups and downs of my allotment, and some other stuff.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 860 other followers