A promise of things to come…

21 Apr

Spring is most definitely here and our pear tree, despite having had a massive haircut, looks like it is going to deliver again this autumn!

Pear Tree (2) Pear Tree (3) Pear Tree (4)

I’m already thinking about Pear Cake!

Pastel 3

44 Responses to “A promise of things to come…”

1. thecompletebook April 21, 2015 at 09:47 #

Pear blossoms are so pretty! I bet they smell gorgeous too. Damn, now I am also thinking about pear cake! I do have apples on hand… might just be doing a modification until I can get hold of some pears.
    Have a beautiful day Tanya.
    🙂 Mandy xo

• Chica Andaluza April 21, 2015 at 21:37 #

I love cakes with apples and/or pears – apple upside down cake is calling you Mandy!

2. sandalboneka2015 April 21, 2015 at 10:15 #

You live where there is spring?

• Chica Andaluza April 22, 2015 at 19:32 #

It’s Spring right now in England and Spain – we live in both countries but England right now!

3. Dorset Finca April 21, 2015 at 10:19 #

It does look as though you will be having a bumper crop! I think our plums will be good this year too – if only I could think of a way from dissuading the wasps to set up camp… they seem to love a good plum. 🙂

4. Sandal Boneka Murah April 21, 2015 at 11:19 #

Want to feel the spring , in my country there is no spring , only there are summer and winter . Indonesian beloved country . Have you ever been to Indonesia?

• Chica Andaluza April 21, 2015 at 21:36 #

I’ve been to Bali and I adored it – most especially the people. One day I will return.

5. Mad Dog April 21, 2015 at 11:48 #

Sometimes a haircut promotes growth 😉

• Chica Andaluza April 21, 2015 at 21:26 #

Tell that to my dad who is losing his hair L mind you…he is almost 80!

• Mad Dog April 21, 2015 at 21:34 #

Ha ha – I’ve had very little hair since the age of 20, so your dad is doing well 😉

• Chica Andaluza April 21, 2015 at 21:35 #

J So I keep telling him!

• Mad Dog April 21, 2015 at 22:40 #

🙂

6. Karen April 21, 2015 at 13:26 #

The good pruning seems to have agreed with your pear tree. You will be enjoying a pear cake before you know it.

• Chica Andaluza April 21, 2015 at 21:26 #

I do hope so – we won’t have enough for cider though!

7. Our Growing Paynes April 21, 2015 at 14:33 #

Beautiful. I am worried about our fruit trees as our winter was so bitter. Fingers crossed!

8. 76sanfermo April 21, 2015 at 14:44 #

All the photos are beautiful, with their light and shades….
    But today , for me, the most romantic is the last one!!!

9. Ria April 21, 2015 at 19:18 #

Beautiful blossom xx

• Chica Andaluza April 21, 2015 at 21:24 #

It really is so lovely to look out there every day and see it!

10. Tandy | Lavender and Lime April 21, 2015 at 21:35 #

Hopefully spring arrives in 48 hours in France 🙂

11. cookinginsens April 21, 2015 at 22:37 #

Gorgeous cake!

12. cathyandchucky April 22, 2015 at 04:09 #

Yum! Pear cake! I adore cooked pears especially in cakes and puddings 😍

• Chica Andaluza April 22, 2015 at 08:35 #

I love cooked pears too – the flavour seems to intensify!

13. Amanda | What's Cooking April 23, 2015 at 18:52 #

So beautiful and yes, hopeful indeed. That pear cake looks amazing. I’m going to have to make one too! Happy happy spring!

14. Gather and Graze April 25, 2015 at 05:17 #

Love that your planning your glut of pears already Tanya! 🙂 Gorgeous 2nd shot of the blossom against the brick wall!

• Chica Andaluza April 25, 2015 at 09:10 #

Just a few days later the blossoms are falling but we have lots and lots of teeny tiny pears!

15. narf77 April 25, 2015 at 20:56 #

I am thinking of sending our possums to the U.K. and to Spain this year Ms Chica. They ate all of my pears and are now pining 😉

• Chica Andaluza April 27, 2015 at 16:56 #

Don’t you dare Ms Narf – no possums wanted in Bexhill please!!!! Perhaps your pears were too tasty L

• narf77 April 27, 2015 at 19:12 #

My roses are too tasty as well Ms Chica. The possums are very fussy. They only eat the leaves. I have long canes, denuded of all vegetation with a few flowers on the end. Looks like cyclone possum went through 😉

• Chica Andaluza April 27, 2015 at 22:37 #

Damn those pesky possums L

16. Raden May 5, 2015 at 07:49 #

I am originally from Indonesia, in Indonesia there is no spring as well state of the spring, the mistress have you ever felt the Indonesian dishes like rendang or gado gado ?

• Chica Andaluza May 5, 2015 at 13:39 #

I have been to Bali and really enjoy Indonesian food when I get the chance to eat it!

17. fati's recipes May 7, 2015 at 15:59 #

Oh my gosh those flowers look adorable. Also passion fruit flowers are so beautiful. I’m so jealous! 😉

18. Raden May 31, 2015 at 23:28 #

I just found out that pear shaped can to make cakes, sure tastes good well

19. salima aqiqah December 15, 2015 at 03:38 #

zoom really beautiful I even was not going to eat it as a garnish

20. Suci Purnamasari March 4, 2016 at 03:35 #