Road Trip

1 May

Time to leave England for a few weeks and head back Up the Mountain.

20170412_175718

The  kilometers flying past through French fields of gold.

20170413_194901

A pit stop in Spain and time to explore the beautiful little town of Aranda de Duero.

20170415_211456

Then home, to amazing skies. Time to reconnect with our Spanish family and friends. Happy May Day to you all!

22 Responses to “Road Trip”

1. Mad Dog May 1, 2017 at 13:08 #

Aranda de Duero looks beautiful – Happy May Day 🙂

2. Sabine May 1, 2017 at 13:21 #

what a wonderful sky! Happy May Da to you, too!

3. Our Growing Paynes May 1, 2017 at 18:55 #

Beautiful! Love your photos. We’re headed to the UK this week and we can not wait.

4. narf7 May 1, 2017 at 21:02 #

It looks stunning Ms Chica. Pardon me for asking, but as a far flung antipodean to the events going on in your neck of the woods I am curious…is Brexit going to cause you any problems travelling back and forth to your home in Spain?

• Chica Andaluza May 1, 2017 at 21:46 #

I’m not sure. All rather worrying. Not sure how it’s going to effect either of us. Worst case I’ll just have to renew my Italian passport! Fingers crossed we’re all just worrying for nothing. Hope all is well with you two 😀

• Eha May 2, 2017 at 04:48 #

Five days to go by our mornings and nights! We may be ‘at the ends of the earth’ but we are worrying too!

• narf7 May 3, 2017 at 21:17 #

Hunky dory Ms Chica. Stevieboy and I have just managed to nail down our footage for our documentaries and are just about to start the dreaded ‘edit’ to make our short doco’s so all’s on track for our course and it’s getting cold here, 2C this morning, so we are starting to settle into our winter routine with Brunhilda bringing up the rear and keeping us warm, well fed and content. Good luck with the Brexit thing and hopefully nothing untoward occurs that prevents you travelling like you do. I know it is both necessary and a joy for you both 🙂

• Chica Andaluza May 3, 2017 at 22:47 #

Stay warm and hopefully we’ll stay mobile!

• narf7 May 4, 2017 at 20:01 #

Here here! 🙂

5. thecompletebook May 2, 2017 at 07:49 #

Wonderful! Have a fabulous time reconnecting with your Spanish family and friends.
    Sending you love and hugs from Kenya. Pete and I back in Nairobi after our glorious longweekend away in Diani.
    🙂 Mandy xo

• Chica Andaluza May 2, 2017 at 08:10 #

So glad you got to spend some quality time together in such a wonderful place!

Tanya Russo

6. themateriallady May 3, 2017 at 21:57 #

Beautiful photographs Chica. Enjoy your time on your mountain 🙂

7. Cecilia May 6, 2017 at 20:52 #

Great pictures, what an amazing mood. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

8. Melissa May 12, 2017 at 22:32 #

Beautiful! We’re planning to drive up from Benalmadena to Ipswich and I’m seeing two different routes – any advice or recommendations? It will be my husband and I and our 3 year old. No animals. We definitely want to stop a bit, but are on a rather tight budget. Any insight or websites to look at would be really appreciated! Thank you!

• Chica Andaluza May 15, 2017 at 11:43 #

You’ll have fun! Going from Spain to the UK we often stop in Burgos. The city is lovely and the drive from the south is good for the first day. We use Hotel Cordon which I think is about 50 euro. Parking is either off street or in a public Parking. In France you can make 1 or 2 stops depending on how many hours you want to drive. We head up the west coast towards Bordeaux (lovely!) and often stop in Niort or Le Mans. If you’re on a really tight budget, in France you could use Premier Classe Motels. Super basic but clean and can sleep 3 for about 40 euro if you book ahead. We then drive to Calais and cross on the ferry as we are glad of a little break after so much driving. Please e-mail me if I can help any more!

9. restlessjo May 16, 2017 at 18:13 #

How are you doing, darlin? I thought I’d already commented on here 😦

• Chica Andaluza May 16, 2017 at 18:33 #

So much better thank you. Time helps heal most things gently. Thanks for thinking of me xx

10. Tandy | Lavender and Lime May 19, 2017 at 08:27 #

I am sure you are enjoying being in your other home! Hope the weather stays good for you 🙂

11. Karen May 22, 2017 at 14:51 #

Hope you are doing well. Love the photo of that beautiful sky. I’m sure you are enjoying your time back in Spain and reconnecting with everyone.