Can You See What I See?

9 Dec

Yes, it´s my mountain!

Home Again 9 Dic 12 (3)

We drove from England to Spain and arrived home late last night after a fairly slow journey through a cold, sleety and snowy France. Brrrr!

Home Again 9 Dic 12 (5)

We´re a bit “Up in the Air” (and it´s not just because we´re back Up Our Mountain). We don´t know where we´re going to be for Christmas.

Maybe Spain, or maybe back to the UK to finish off House Number 2 and possibly take on some more work or help my parents out with various jobs.

No matter. We´re here right now. The sun is shining, the garden and the veggie plot have been tidied and prepared for winter.

Home Again 9 Dic 12 (11)

The dogs are happy.

Home Again 9 Dic 12 (9)

The day started with good coffee, a walk around the garden snapping these quick shots and we´re off out for lunch! We are a happy Chica and Big Man. Well, we´re pretty much happy most of the time, but today we´re extra happy.

Home Again 9 Dic 12 (1)

More news as soon as we know ourselves what is happening, and time this week to catch up with some blogging, recipes and nesting back into our Mountain Home. Have a great Sunday everyone.

63 Responses to “Can You See What I See?”

1. gardenfreshtomatoes December 9, 2012 at 13:59 #

There’s no place like HOME!
    Love the photo of your mountain…enjoy yourselves!
    (Is that really Luna’s Happy Face?)

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 17:41 #

Yes, Luna actually smiled for the camera for once! And I so agree, HOME – there´s no place like it!

2. themateriallady December 9, 2012 at 14:06 #

I am sure you will have a good time ( and feast!) wherever you are for Christmas. I am sure the dogs will look happier after they have recovered from the journey!

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 17:42 #

We got lucky with our tough, adaptable little pups! And we´ve already starting the feasting – oh no, the weight I have been losing could well all come back in a week 😉

• DianeT December 9, 2012 at 21:05 #

Hey!!! cancel that last sentence. You will have lots of lovely feasting and won’t put on an ounce!

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 22:12 #

Of course I won´t – I had forgotten about my magic calorie removing machine I keep here!

3. TheDorsetFinca December 9, 2012 at 14:25 #

Yay for being back up the mountain! I bet you won’t miss the freezing weather due for the UK later in the week. 🙂

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 17:42 #

Tell me about that cold. Mind you, I do have a very soft spot for central heating!

4. thecompletecookbook December 9, 2012 at 15:17 #

Welcome home Tanya! No matter how long you will be home or where you will be for Christmas – oh you are always welcome to come here, it is always nice to be home, even if just for a short while.
    Have a beautiful and happy week ahead.
    🙂 Mandy xo

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 17:43 #

Ah thanks Mandy – you always say just the right thing! We are enjoying being back for the moment…and it´s 6pm and still light…in England it was pitch dark by 4pm 😦

5. ChgoJohn December 9, 2012 at 16:22 #

Arriving home after a holiday is one thing, returning home after weeks away is something totally different. No matter where or why I was away, I can only really feel relaxed in my own home — and it begins as soon as I hit the threshold.
    I’m glad you both made it safe and sound and I’m sure your Christmas will be merry no matter where you find yourselves.

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 17:44 #

I so agree John. That sigh of relief as you turn the key in the lock. It´s a great feeling! And now we´re back and the fire is lit and am cozy, warm and happy with my Big Man and my pups. Sigh 🙂

6. theglobalgarnishgeek December 9, 2012 at 16:26 #

Ah, the simple things in life – a quiet morning with a cup of coffee – and, in your case, a lovely view of the mountain….

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 17:45 #

Coffee, made exactly how you like it, in your favourite mug (or glass, in my case) while contemplating a long missed view – there´s nothing quite like it!

7. Pendle Stitches December 9, 2012 at 17:12 #

Home is just the best place. I’m betting you’ve both got big smiles on your faces.

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 17:45 #

Grinning like cheshire cats!

• Pendle Stitches December 9, 2012 at 22:17 #

Thought so! 🙂

8. Rachel December 9, 2012 at 17:46 #

A great Sunday to you as well! Could almost smell the coffee…. mmmm…!

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 17:52 #

Thanks Rachel! It´s turning out to be a perfect day here 🙂

9. Margarita December 9, 2012 at 18:29 #

Bienvenidos a casa! Have fun! xoM

10. cecilia December 9, 2012 at 19:36 #

How wonderful to finally be home in the shadow of your beloved mountain. I think home looks like a lovely place to be for christmas. But you are such a busy girl who knows where you two will end up! have fun.. c

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 22:12 #

It´s a wonderful place to be – but then I am a bit biased!

11. DianeT December 9, 2012 at 21:08 #

I didn’t realise you had such a fantastic chunk of rock in your back yard, Tanya. Just begging to be climbed (by someone else).

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 22:13 #

It´s a beautiful chunk of rock and there are paths some of the way up. Chunk do have a tendency to fall off int he Winter though (but not onto us thankfully!).

12. Promenade Claire December 9, 2012 at 22:20 #

Woo hoo or woof woof! If you come back we’re around x

13. chaiselongue1 December 9, 2012 at 22:27 #

Welcome back to the sun! WordPress still seems to be adding snow to your blog, though!

• Chica Andaluza December 10, 2012 at 11:51 #

As long as this is the only snow I have for a while, I´m happy with it!

14. Mad Dog December 9, 2012 at 22:48 #

How fantastic to be home!
    That coffee looks like it wants to be a carajillo 🙂

• Chica Andaluza December 9, 2012 at 23:03 #

It´s great to be here. And yes, Big Man´s morning coffee of choice is a carajillo de anis dulce (I just like my coffee to taste of coffee!)

• Mad Dog December 9, 2012 at 23:07 #

I’m quite partial to a carajillo con coñac after a nice lunch 😉

• Chica Andaluza December 10, 2012 at 11:51 #

Oh yes, now you´re talking!

15. Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide December 9, 2012 at 23:24 #

Beautiful. My neighborhood is so flat, I only have a hill.

• Chica Andaluza December 10, 2012 at 11:50 #

But it´s your hill Greg, and I bet it´s very special!

16. spree December 10, 2012 at 00:20 #

I’m feeling pretty thrilled for you Tanya! Really lovely seeing those mountains and knowing that’s where you’re nestled, for the time being however long that be’s. I don’t need to tell you, savor every minute! (Again, can’t say exactly why, but really happy knowing you’re there.)

• Chica Andaluza December 10, 2012 at 11:50 #

Ah, I´m happy that you´re happy, and I´m just all round happy too! It´s great to be here, soaking up the views and the amazing light!

17. Eha December 10, 2012 at 00:52 #

What a lovely view up the mountain to which to wake in the morning and have a look at, some vino in hand, last thing at night! No wonder it calls . . .

18. Tandy December 10, 2012 at 04:54 #

Enjoy every minute of being home Tanya 🙂

19. Karista December 10, 2012 at 07:16 #

There really is no place like home. And yours is quite lovely!

20. Marianne December 10, 2012 at 09:04 #

Welcome home, Tanya.

The lighter evenings make a huge difference, don’t they?

• Chica Andaluza December 10, 2012 at 09:16 #

Oh they do. When people asked me what I miss most about Spain, my first answer was always “the light”!

21. vegang0ddess December 10, 2012 at 11:50 #

No hay nada como estar en casa, ¿eh? 🙂

22. Food,Photography & France December 10, 2012 at 12:52 #

Have to say that being in Spain looks a lot better than being in England. The view from your house in Spain is just fab. Must be nice to have a rest from hard work.

• Chica Andaluza December 10, 2012 at 13:27 #

Roger, we´re a bit like two rabbits in the headlights today…the work has been so full on and today we don´t have to do anything (well, you know what I mean) that we´re both a bit stunned by being back! I love my view, even on a rainy day. The light here is amazing…wish I had your skills to capture it properly.

23. bitsandbreadcrumbs December 10, 2012 at 17:10 #

I know that mountain was such a welcome sight! So glad you have some time at home…what a great feeling that must be, kind of like you can breathe normally for a while, I imagine! 🙂 Happy Holidays to you wherever you spend them.

• Chica Andaluza December 11, 2012 at 11:38 #

I so agree – I keep running outside to look at the mountain and the sky and just to breathe deeply. It´s a marvelous feeling!

24. Michelle December 11, 2012 at 02:27 #

Welcome home!

25. TBM December 11, 2012 at 11:47 #

Welcome home! I wish I was there, it’s freezing today in London. Miles is not happy. Your dogs look thrilled to be home. Can’t wait to hear about your Christmas plans. Have a happy holiday.

• Chica Andaluza December 11, 2012 at 11:53 #

It´s great to be here and we´re enjoy the winter sunshine. I don´t blame Miles, mine didn´t even like to pop out into the garden for essential functions when it was raining!

26. Natalie Ward December 12, 2012 at 17:04 #

Welcome back Tanya!! It’s been funny with you over there. I like to know what you are growing and cooking “just over the mountain” ;D But those houses are keeping you busy, I bet you “don’t know if you are on foot or horseback” ;0 as my mother always says. It must be exciting though!! Felices Fiestas xx

• Chica Andaluza December 12, 2012 at 20:46 #

I love your mother´s expression! In fact, I was saying today to Big Man that i felt a bit “desplazada” – I don´t really know quite where I should be right now 😉

27. narf77 December 14, 2012 at 20:23 #

Your dogs look so contented! I love your tiles by the way :). Theres NO place like home and your two little toto’s most certainly show this more than anything else that you could have shared with us 🙂

• Chica Andaluza December 14, 2012 at 22:25 #

Thanks for the lovely words. We´re so lucky with our pups, as long as they´re with us (they love company) they´re happy! The tiles are typically Granadino (i.e. from the province of Granada in Andalucía). Big Man was born in Granada province, so it´s our little nod to his heritage. I love them, they´re typical Moorish style (the Arab influence in Andalucía from way back).

28. Charles December 15, 2012 at 00:09 #

I bet it feels good to be home, even if you don’t know for how long. I love the fact that we’ve got minus-nasty temperatures here and that first pic you’ve posted, it looks almost warm. What sort of weather do you have there right now?

• Chica Andaluza December 15, 2012 at 09:58 #

It was 24 degrees down in Malaga yesterday and this morning up the mountain it´s a chilly 12 degrees (!) but foggy – just like England, it´s all over the place!

29. Calico Stretch December 17, 2012 at 07:39 #

Oh welcome home. Its 24 degrees here too though that’s kinda to be expected. But then what do you expect? The Mountain was missing you both and its coming to terms with having you home, for now! :o)

• Chica Andaluza December 17, 2012 at 09:10 #

Yes, it´s settling back into its rocks and boulders and smiling down at us!