What I See From My Back Porch

23 May

Our lovely friend Miss C from The Kitchen’s Garden set us a challenge yesterday. She asked her Fellowship of the Farmy Friends to share their views from their back porches, or windows, or balconies.

Celia, you don’t know how good this has been for me. arriving back from the UK at the weekend and facing yet more DIY due to damp and winter damage, really dragged me down. It’s being dealt with right now, but for a moment I lost sight of what being back Up Our Mountain is all about. Blogging (and real life) Pal Claire from Promenade Plantings nudged me today to join in. Thank you ladies.

I stepped outside my back door just a few minutes ago, away from the mayhem in the house, and snapped. I didn’t set up the camera properly, I just snapped. And then I took the camera away from my eyes and really looked. And then I cried. Happy tears, not sad ones.

DSC_0002

This is what it’s all about…now I remember how blessed we really are.

53 Responses to “What I See From My Back Porch”

1. Promenade Claire May 23, 2013 at 17:45 #

I can understand those feelings, sheer joy, relief and amazement at the wonder of where we are and what we see. A magical view and I can understand how happy you must be there. Chuffed I prompted you, I’m trying to put a post together as I type…….. such a different view!

• Chica Andaluza May 23, 2013 at 17:50 #

Thanks so much Claire – I read your message and just got up and did it. Made me feel so much better, I really did need a kick up the derriere today! Looking forward to seeing yours and remembering a lovely evening sitting on your back porch!

2. 76sanfermo May 23, 2013 at 17:51 #

Your post is lovely!
    Appreciating where you are is the secret !

• Chica Andaluza May 23, 2013 at 17:52 #

E vero, I think I lost sight of it for a moment there….

3. Peri's Spice Ladle May 23, 2013 at 17:55 #

The best pictures are impromptu ones! This is a beautiful view to have out your back porch! I’m gonna do the same:)

4. Food,Photography & France May 23, 2013 at 18:01 #

Just brilliant. I’m afraid Bexhill doesn’t do the same for me:)

• Chica Andaluza May 23, 2013 at 18:41 #

I have what will be a lovely garden, but it doesn’t quite to the same for me as my mountain, I agree!

5. chaiselongue1 May 23, 2013 at 18:23 #

Beautiful! You are very lucky, in spite of the damp problems, which can be solved. You’ll always have this view to cheer you!

• Chica Andaluza May 23, 2013 at 18:41 #

You’re right, it was a small problem in the great big scheme of things…I just got it a bit out of perspective!

6. Tandy May 23, 2013 at 18:27 #

Happy tears are good tears!

• Chica Andaluza May 23, 2013 at 18:42 #

Very cleansing…aren’t you meant to be on a plane right now?!

7. bhoyt10 May 23, 2013 at 18:40 #

Wow! What a wonderful view!

• Chica Andaluza May 23, 2013 at 18:42 #

It is indeed, and I’ve been away for some time and needed to take time out to really appreciate it!

8. TheDorsetFinca May 23, 2013 at 19:14 #

What a great view! Bet it’s nice to be back up your mountain.

9. TBM May 23, 2013 at 19:47 #

What a wonderful view and to know that’s home. Nice feeling

• Chica Andaluza May 23, 2013 at 20:04 #

You’re right, it’s a very special feeling indeed! I bet, even when you travel and have wonderful experiences, it’s still nice when you and TBH get back home 🙂

10. restlessjo May 23, 2013 at 22:48 #

That’s a view well worth shedding tears over. Glad you’ve got your smiley head back on and hope the repairs will soon be done. It must be really depleting when you’ve just put so much energy into the English project.

• Chica Andaluza May 24, 2013 at 08:50 #

I think we’d been psychologically shedding our “building” heads on the journey back, then to be faced with the prospect of more work was disheartening. But we picked ourselves up and got it all into perspective – looking around us helped!

11. narf77 May 23, 2013 at 22:49 #

You lucky bollocks Tanya! I am too scared to go out by back door because Earl and Bezial go out there as well…they literally “go” out there! 😉 That plus the clothes line, the various piles of branches from a recent culling event and the fact that winter has come early might just terrify me out of EVER going out there again! 😉

• Chica Andaluza May 24, 2013 at 08:51 #

Hee hee, ours do it a little further back, so I’m safe! Our patio is not really that big, but then we open the gate and we’re into the “campo” running free with the goats…so they much prefer that 🙂 Stay warm, fire up Brunhilda and get nested in for the winter….

• narf77 May 24, 2013 at 08:59 #

And let Steve deal with the doings? Your ON! 😉

• Chica Andaluza May 24, 2013 at 15:48 #

🙂 Perfect!

12. Eha May 24, 2013 at 04:52 #

Oh sugar: Celi does have this one, doesn’t she? It’s the most beautiful one of ‘your mountain’ I have yet seen and I am certain ALL the fellowship would be enthralled. I knew Miss C was onto a ‘good thing’ as soon as I read her post, but am so thrilled everyone seems to be taking part: can you imagine how much more just a ‘simple’ photo will bring us closer and more knowledgeable one about the other! Delightful!!

• Chica Andaluza May 24, 2013 at 08:56 #

It was such a simple but wonderful idea – she’d be the lady introducing all the people at a party and bringing them together! Loved your photo too…you’re right, it bring us all closer together and that’s a lovely thing.

13. Sartenada May 24, 2013 at 07:50 #

Wonderful view!

14. thecompletecookbook May 24, 2013 at 08:52 #

What a magical view you have Tanya and I love the healing powers of happy tears.
    Have a beautiful weekend.
    🙂 Mandy xo

15. themateriallady May 24, 2013 at 10:05 #

Sometimes we need to be reminded how lucky we are Tanya. Enjoy your beautiful view.

• Chica Andaluza May 24, 2013 at 15:48 #

Yes, I always said I wouldn’t take what I have for granted, and I very nearly did….

16. PendleStitches May 24, 2013 at 12:48 #

My view isn’t quite so spectacular but thanks for the reminder to stop and look. We are all lucky, no?

• Chica Andaluza May 24, 2013 at 15:53 #

My view in the UK isn’t so spectacular, but it MY view and I love it! I don’t think we need mountains or sweeping landscapes to make us smile…but you know this Evie and I bet when the children are running around your garden it’s the most beautiful spot in the world 🙂

17. Sue Reay May 24, 2013 at 13:16 #

Hi Tanya, I’m Sue we spoke for a few minutes on the phone at Sherry’s house in Bexhill,this is one of my views from the house. Be good to meet Love Sue xx

• Chica Andaluza May 24, 2013 at 15:39 #

Hi Sue! I think we share a simialr view then, our houses are so close! Will send you an e-mail and hopefully we can meet up soon 🙂

18. Karen May 24, 2013 at 17:23 #

Your mountain is beautiful…that is a sight that can make you forget all your problems. 🙂

19. gardenfreshtomatoes May 25, 2013 at 13:05 #

Isn’t that what good friends do? Nudge us just a little, right when we need it the most…
    Such a lovely view, too!

• Chica Andaluza May 25, 2013 at 14:10 #

They do indeed! Aren’t we all lucky yo have such inspiring views 🙂

20. Marianne May 27, 2013 at 21:07 #

You know, Tanya, I’ve always said to my hubby that there is something magical about these mountains that makes my heart sing. They have such power to lift my spirits.

Sounds like they have that effect on more than just me 🙂

Welcome home, Vecino 🙂

Hugs x

• Chica Andaluza May 27, 2013 at 22:31 #

Muchisimas gracias – I’m not a super spiritual person or anything, but I agree, when I stand and look at those mountains, something special happens to make the world alright 🙂

21. idiosyncratic eye May 27, 2013 at 21:10 #

It’s a beautiful corner of the world. Thanks for sharing, I think I might have tears too. 🙂

22. kathryningrid May 28, 2013 at 07:09 #

xoxoxo!

23. bitsandbreadcrumbs May 28, 2013 at 16:34 #

Gorgeous!

24. Charles May 29, 2013 at 00:45 #

Wow what a view. I think you’ve posted a photo a bit like this before but it was a bit overcast on that day – it’s fantastic to see it in all its sunny glory! Have you ever scaled the craggy peak on the right-hand side of the picture there? 🙂 Must be a nice view from the top there!

• Chica Andaluza May 29, 2013 at 09:22 #

Yes, I often take snaps of “my” mountain”. You can’t get right to the top (well, I suppose you could if you tried hard enough) but you can get quite far up round to the left (especially if we go in the pick up truck!) and the views are lovely. Even on a short walk from our house round to the right, we can see the sea which is about 50km away.

25. ChgoJohn May 30, 2013 at 09:32 #

“I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.”
    Works every time. 😉

• Chica Andaluza May 30, 2013 at 09:45 #

Inspirational and true John….hope you had/are having a great trip 🙂

26. aida tour February 6, 2017 at 08:42 #

the view is beatifull thanks for sharing

1. Sitting on the back doorstep | Promenade Plantings - May 24, 2013

[…] view from our own spaces, wherever you are in the world and whatever you see share it. My friends Chica and Misky, Lynda and Mandy have joined in so far, why don’t […]