Beautiful Bordeaux

21 Mar

When we travel to and from the UK we stop pretty much half way just near Bordeaux. A hotel just off the motorway, a place to rest for the night after about 1200km from Malaga and the pups can stay with us too.

DSCF4337

This time we decided to take a slow trip back and stop for two nights so that we could actually go into Bordeaux and enjoy some of the sights of this stunning city. The weather was amazing, we walked and walked, we enjoyed great food and it was a wonderful way to start to unwind after many months of hard work and a long drive from England.

DSCF4344

Do hope you enjoy the photos, they were only taken on the little camera as I didn’t want to be loaded down, but I think they capture the atmosphere of this beautiful place.

Of course, there was ice cream and we all got to share!

48 Responses to “Beautiful Bordeaux”

1. Bluejellybeans March 21, 2014 at 10:42 #

Qué maravilla Tanya! Las fotos son fantásticas 🙂

• Chica Andaluza March 21, 2014 at 12:50 #

Gracias Giovanna – es una ciudad preciosas y con muchos tradicions Espanoles que no esberaba!

2. Soup Guru March 21, 2014 at 10:43 #

We have been all around France by car, but Bordeaux was only a stop and after this post, I think is worth a proper visit! Did you bring some good wine with you?
    By the way, your dogs are adorable!

• Chica Andaluza March 21, 2014 at 12:48 #

We did buy some wine and we drank some too! We’re a bit boased about the pups but I agree – they’re pretty cute…thanks 🙂

• Chica Andaluza March 21, 2014 at 12:48 #

biased!

3. PendleStitches March 21, 2014 at 12:08 #

Bordeaux is beautiful. It’s been a while since I’ve been there. It looks like you had a wonderful time.

• Chica Andaluza March 21, 2014 at 12:46 #

We’d heard from a few people how lovely it was, we’re so glad we made time to stop and actually look around!

• PendleStitches March 21, 2014 at 21:21 #

I haven’t been to France since the kids came home and I’m really, really missing it. Maybe next year. Button is keen to visit Paris. I have taught her well 😉 but I think Le Touquet would be a good start…the beach is wonderful.

• Chica Andaluza March 22, 2014 at 11:04 #

She is a sophisticated young lady! We drive past the turn off from Le Touquet each trip and it’s ages since I’ve been there…another stop off needed!

• PendleStitches March 23, 2014 at 20:04 #

I do hope the cafe with the patisserie is still there. It’s just wonderful.

• Chica Andaluza March 24, 2014 at 09:52 #

Oh not sure which one you mean but there was a stunning one which I tried to take some snaps of – very old fashioned looking, all gilt and wood with piles of macaroons in the window – there were so many gorgeous places!

• PendleStitches March 24, 2014 at 20:16 #

That’s the one. It’s fabulous! You really should try it next time you’re there.

• Chica Andaluza March 25, 2014 at 08:57 #

A good reason to go back again!

• PendleStitches March 25, 2014 at 13:15 #

Absolutely!

4. Mad Dog March 21, 2014 at 12:09 #

Wonderful – it’s a long time since I’ve been to Bordeaux 🙂

5. gardenfreshtomatoes March 21, 2014 at 12:50 #

I LOVE that city! The first time we visited, it was May…and HOT in the afternoon. The Water Mirror was full of families and children cooling off. I got the best photo of a little guy running full-steam, and stark-naked across it… 🙂
    There’s so much to see and do there…can’t wait to go back.

• Chica Andaluza March 21, 2014 at 15:45 #

It was lovely and warm too in March and we ate our ice creams by the Water Mirror – so lovely!

6. Ria March 21, 2014 at 14:00 #

Very pretty place, looks like the pups enjoyed it too! x

• Chica Andaluza March 21, 2014 at 14:17 #

We all had a ball…or should that be a “boule”?!

• Ria March 21, 2014 at 15:08 #

Boule definitely!!

7. bitsandbreadcrumbs March 21, 2014 at 15:48 #

Bordeaux looks like a really beautiful city. I’ve not been to that particular part of France, but it’s on the list now. Great looking food, ice cream and precious shots of your equally precious dogs. 🙂 Happy Weekend, Tanya!

• Chica Andaluza March 22, 2014 at 10:57 #

Thanks so much Betsy – you have a great wekeend too!

8. Sawsan@ Chef in disguise March 21, 2014 at 17:30 #

Looks like a beautiful city! Love how bright and sunny it is
    Glad you had the time to slow down and enjoy it this time

• Chica Andaluza March 22, 2014 at 11:02 #

Thanks Sawsan, sometimes we do have to remind ourselves to slow down and just enjoy what is right under our noses instead of just focusing on the destination or the outcome….it was a lovely day in Bordeaux!

9. Amanda March 21, 2014 at 18:40 #

So beautiful. Oh how I need to go there!

• Chica Andaluza March 22, 2014 at 11:03 #

I’m so glad we made the effort to visit it – do hope you get there one day!

10. restlessjo March 21, 2014 at 21:42 #

It does look lovely, Tanya. I had no real idea what Bordeaux would look like. Love the head! 🙂

• Chica Andaluza March 22, 2014 at 11:05 #

It was a very beautiful city and there were quite a few sculptures dotted around. I was too busy enjoying myself to take that many photos 😦 wish I had taken more!

11. Eha March 22, 2014 at 00:55 #

Lovely relaxed photos. Methinks both the pups and you enjoyed the slower tempo! Know France pretty well but have never made it to Bordeaux either . . . being a wine lover, should really aim for one of those 5-6 day river cruises available!!

• Chica Andaluza March 22, 2014 at 11:06 #

Ooh now you’re talking…a river cruise! All the sights and lots of good food and wine 🙂 My parents did a Seine River Cruise a few years ago and loved it.

• Eha March 23, 2014 at 01:26 #

There is one I have been eyeing ~ Begins outside Bordeaux on one side of the river and then meanders around special restaurants, vineyards etc for five days before going right into Bordeaux for a night still on board but a gourmet wander around town!! My kind of thing methinks!!

• Chica Andaluza March 23, 2014 at 15:54 #

The one my parents did was a gastonomic cruise with wines matched to the meals, sightseeing of places like Monet’s garden and the last night moored up within sight of the Eiffel Tower – I bet experiences like this would be incredible!

12. narf77 March 22, 2014 at 07:06 #

Its ALWAYS a good day when you get to share ice cream 🙂 (not that good when the dogs gets the first lick though… 😉 )

• Chica Andaluza March 22, 2014 at 11:08 #

Luckily the pups were only allowed the biscuity bit at the end of the cornet! Oh we are so cruel… 😉

13. thecompletebook March 22, 2014 at 08:35 #

Absolutely stunning. I love places that allow animals. 😀
    Have a beautiful weekend Tanya.
    🙂 Mandy xo

• Chica Andaluza March 22, 2014 at 11:10 #

France is pretty dog friendly, especially for little ones. The UK too – most pubs allow pups and if they serve food that simplifies things for us as we can eat there! When we were in Burgos (Spain is a little more tricky if the weather is cooler and you have to sit inside) we found a lovely restaurant and the owner was a dog lover. She let us sit in the bar area (the other side was very grand) and the pups sat under our table as good as gold while we had dinner!

14. Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide March 22, 2014 at 18:12 #

Beautiful indeed!

15. themateriallady March 22, 2014 at 21:53 #

Lovely pictures Tanya, and your pups are gorgeous!

16. Tandy | Lavender and Lime March 23, 2014 at 06:14 #

This is another place I have to add to my list of where to stay!

17. ChgoJohn March 23, 2014 at 22:17 #

What a great place to stop, rest, and visit. How nice that you were able to spend more than a night there. I bet it made the trip home so much more enjoyable. I’m always in such a rush to get home when, really, a little delay is often the the best way to go. 🙂

• Chica Andaluza March 24, 2014 at 09:54 #

I think we need to make this little road trip on the way back to Spain a regular thing. It was lovely to take it a little slower and wonderful to see somewhere new. Heading to the UK we pretty much have to press on as we are loaded down with goodies which we can’t really leave sitting in the car and there is a time limit for the pups – they have to been seen by a vet a few days before crossing into the UK for quarantine laws. It was a lovely little mini break!

18. Melissa's Menu March 23, 2014 at 22:23 #

Beautiful!

19. Saiful Bahri September 14, 2015 at 08:13 #

I think the trip really fun. I really like the atmosphere.

1. La Mancha and Windmills | Chica Andaluza - July 12, 2016

[…] 2 long, hard days, we now take 3 or 4 days and pick new places to stop and enjoy. We’ve loved Bordeaux, Biarritz and Burgos. This time we pulled off the motorway south of Madrid, pretty much slap bang […]