Another Holiday?!

15 Oct

Sunset over Marbella

Some of you may have noticed how quiet I´ve been for the last week.  Very unusual for me, and I can be quite loud and noisy “in the flesh” too!  We´ve been on another little break, all very last minute and enormous fun.

The village often organises trips through the Government of Andalucia for the older folk, or some of the Associations (or clubs) and one had been offered to our fellow villagers to stay in a holiday complex near Marbella on the Costa del Sol (also known as the Costa Del Golf or the Costa Del Crime because of some of the dodgy characters who make their life there in luxury penthouse pads!).

Marbella Old Town

There were extra spaces, so Big Man and I were invited to join in, and we´re so glad we did. We were probably amongst the youngest in the group, but my goodness – have these Spanish retired folk got energy!  Dancing, walking, sports, swimming, golf, marathon card sessions and going to the beach were all part of a “relaxing” day for this group.

We had a ball, and got back today happy, relaxed, and having swum daily in the Mediterranean.  There was, unfortunately, no internet, so “normal blogging service” will be resumed soon, with possibly another break as I head off to London next Wednesday to see my family for 8 days.

Ok, am off to catch my breath, unpack and get ready to repack.  In the meantime, enjoy the view from our terrace every evening and a few of the places we went to visit while I catch up with all your lovely posts.

34 Responses to “Another Holiday?!”

1. Bluejellybeans October 15, 2011 at 16:00 #

Querida Tanya, menudas vacaciones! Me encantan las fotos y me alegro mucho de que lo hayas pasado bien (y de que estés de vuelta…)
    Un beso,
    Giovanna

• chicaandaluza October 15, 2011 at 16:25 #

Pues gracias Giovanna – es bueno viajar, pero también es bueno volver a casa!

2. Tandy October 15, 2011 at 16:14 #

so glad you had a good time away! I was wondering where you had got to 🙂

• chicaandaluza October 15, 2011 at 16:50 #

It was all so fast I didn´t have time to say “adios”!

3. Florence October 15, 2011 at 16:37 #

Hi Chica. Pleased to hear you had a good time. Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards Florence x

4. ceciliag October 15, 2011 at 16:39 #

Just as well. I was about to call Florence and ask whether you were stuck in a tree or something!! Another trip. Oh you lucky girl! How wonderful. I love that you live it up with such style.. Did you wear the skirt?..c

• chicaandaluza October 15, 2011 at 17:23 #

I was stuck in paradise! Wearing the skirt of course….!

5. Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide October 15, 2011 at 17:22 #

What an incredible view. Glad you got to go on another trip.

6. foodblogandthedog October 15, 2011 at 17:29 #

I thought you’d gone a bit quiet, welcome back! I went to a wedding in Ronda last year it was a beautiful day overlooking the tajo and watching the sun go down while drinking too much cava. Lucky you getting in on the freebie trips, the lady who washes up at the restaurant went to Galicia last year on one of those, so jealous!!

• chicaandaluza October 15, 2011 at 17:57 #

I love Ronda so much – I never turn down the chance of a visit! I quite like being “retired” even though I´m nearly twenty years away from the official age!

7. ChgoJohn October 15, 2011 at 18:08 #

Welcome home! You were missed and so glad it was because you were having such a nice time. And a trip home? Doubly-blessed and good for you!

• chicaandaluza October 15, 2011 at 18:38 #

Thank you so much – it´s lovely to be back though. Looking forward to London but I´m going to miss my Big Man, the dogs, chickens and blogging for a week 😦

8. chaiselongue1 October 15, 2011 at 18:44 #

I wondered where you were…and it looks and sounds as though you’ve had a great time! Nice to see the shot of the old town in Marbella because I always associate it with high rise hotels, never having been there.

• chicaandaluza October 15, 2011 at 19:25 #

I sneaked off in the night! I had previously been to Puerto Banus which I didn´t really like. Marbella is huge and has lots of very modern and horrible areas, but there are still a few quiet beaches (ours was about 5km away in distance and a million miles away in terms of beauty, peace and tranquility). The old town is pretty too, and well looked after.

9. gardenfreshtomatoes October 15, 2011 at 19:35 #

It HAS been a quiet week, now that you mention it… 😉
    Glad you’re home, and brought us some beautiful photos as well!

10. TheDorsetFinca October 15, 2011 at 20:23 #

Lovely to have you back in blogland. Looks like you had an amazing time. 🙂

• chicaandaluza October 16, 2011 at 09:23 #

Thank you – we´ve been very lucky this year with lots of lovely breaks! Good to be back too though 🙂

11. Mad Dog October 15, 2011 at 20:39 #

I missed your blog, but I’m in Barcelona and trying hard to eat and drink the Catalans out of house and home 😉

I must start posting some pictures myself!

• chicaandaluza October 15, 2011 at 21:10 #

Sounds perfect – hope you have a wonderful time and look forward to the photos! Have fun 🙂

12. thefooddoctor October 16, 2011 at 07:33 #

Welcome back 🙂
    what an amazing view..glad you had a great time

• chicaandaluza October 16, 2011 at 09:24 #

Thank you – I think we had one of the best spots out of the whole group we were with 🙂

13. Yvette October 16, 2011 at 09:52 #

Oh my did you say paradise! What a view! Have a wonderful time visiting your family. x

• chicaandaluza October 16, 2011 at 10:04 #

Weren´t we lucky – we marvelled at the sun set every night! Thanks for the good wishes, I´m so looking forward to seeing my family 🙂

14. spicegirlfla October 16, 2011 at 16:08 #

How lucky are you to be able to take this spur of the moment getaways! And we’re not talking your average getaway! Gorgeous photo of the blossoms. Welcome back!

• chicaandaluza October 16, 2011 at 16:19 #

We have been exceptionally lucky this year, especially in the last few months! It was all rather fun and exciting. More so for not having been planned. Glad you liked the photos and it´s great to be home for a few days before I go to see my family.

15. JamieAnne October 17, 2011 at 15:02 #

How exciting!!!

16. PendleStitches October 17, 2011 at 17:46 #

I was telling a friend only last week how lovely Marbella is at this time of the year. I’ve sent her the link to your blog so she can see for herself. Glad you had such a lovely time.

• chicaandaluza October 17, 2011 at 19:03 #

Ooh – good idea and thanks for sending the link on! The beaches just km or two away from the centre are so lovely 🙂

17. Fired Up Cooking SA October 24, 2011 at 21:09 #

Stunning photos! Lucky you, to have all these little breaks 😀

• chicaandaluza October 25, 2011 at 21:51 #

Thank you! We have been exceptionally lucky this year 🙂

18. Kay aka Babygirl October 26, 2011 at 19:00 #

Oh these photos are breathtaking. This just reminds me I need a vacay very soon. Thanks for sharing these with us

• chicaandaluza October 28, 2011 at 13:30 #

Thank you – do hope you get to enjoy a holiday of your own very soon!