Busy Doing Nothing…Working The Whole Day Through…

2 Sep

We are Down By The Sea in our little second home. Mixing work and play, family, friends and colleagues. It’s just what we needed.

Early morning walks on an empty seafront.

Bexhill Ago 2013 (1)

A few days away in the New Forest.

Hol Lymington (24)

Watching the world go by while sipping a cold glass of wine.

Lymington (1)

Celebrating 50 wonderful years of marriage with my parents.

M&Ps 50th (104)

Oh, and eating. It wouldn’t be the same without good food.

M&Ps 50th (105)

We’ll be back Up the Mountain next weekend and (hopefully!) normal blogging service will be resumed.

36 Responses to “Busy Doing Nothing…Working The Whole Day Through…”

1. mrszeg September 2, 2013 at 14:06 #

Sounds perfect! Beautiful pictures as well.

2. thecompletecookbook September 2, 2013 at 15:04 #

What a perfect time Tanya! Enjoy every minute.
    🙂 Mandy xo

3. Mad Dog September 2, 2013 at 16:14 #

That looks idillic and perfect as already mentioned 😉

4. 76sanfermo September 2, 2013 at 16:51 #

Lovely photos ……..
    We’re all waiting for you !

5. narf77 September 2, 2013 at 21:57 #

You keep we housebound wet southerners entertained girl…keep up the good work! “You’ve all done very well” as Mr Grace would say 😉

• Chica Andaluza September 3, 2013 at 16:01 #

I think the lift man would also say “First floor, ladies underwear…going down” 😉

6. restlessjo September 2, 2013 at 23:13 #

Just what you need. Make the most! Congrats to the happy couple 🙂

7. Ruth September 3, 2013 at 02:12 #

Happy Golden Anniversary to your parents. A lovely post. Sounds perfect to me!

• Chica Andaluza September 3, 2013 at 15:38 #

Thank you – we’ve had fun celebrating (eventually)!

8. ChgoJohn September 3, 2013 at 07:46 #

Sounds perfect, Tanya and I hope your Parents had a wonderful anniversary celebration. Now, don’t hurry back on our account. Stay as long as you can. 🙂

• Chica Andaluza September 3, 2013 at 16:02 #

We were due to head back tomorrow but are now pushing it back to Saturday – the weather here is incredible, we’re making the most of a beautiful English Summer!!

9. gardenfreshtomatoes September 3, 2013 at 12:31 #

Lovely, Tanya. Hope all is well when you get back to your Mountain 🙂

• Chica Andaluza September 3, 2013 at 16:02 #

Yes, hopefully no damp this time round – although we’ve had storms we hear 😦

10. Promenade Claire September 3, 2013 at 21:56 #

Send my love and congratulations to Maggie and Franco !! Don’t they look gorgeous on that photo 🙂 and yes Maggie, I’m still making your courgette risotto recipe you suggested ::)

• Chica Andaluza September 4, 2013 at 13:53 #

I’ll pass on the good wishes – my poor mum’s laptop is in for repairs, she’s had very bad luck with it 😦

11. Tandy | Lavender and Lime September 4, 2013 at 05:59 #

Looks like a perfect time away!

12. Michelle September 4, 2013 at 14:45 #

You’re such a good blogger! This little seaside town seems pretty and peaceful.

Strange question – is your father Italian??

• Chica Andaluza September 4, 2013 at 17:58 #

Ah thanks! And not a strange question – yes my dad is Italian and I have dual nationality…British and Italian. What with a Spanish “other half” I am quite the European!

• Michelle September 5, 2013 at 10:55 #

Amazing!! My grandfather was Italian, though he immigrated to the Americas as a small child, so I’ve wondered if I’d qualify as a resident in Italy. I wouldn’t mind delving into the Italian lifestyle! 😉 Have you ever considered moving there?? Your parents must have quite the romantic story! How did they meet? I love family histories!

• Chica Andaluza September 8, 2013 at 13:55 #

What a lovely exotic mix you are – we are both like “pizzas” with lots of delicious toppings! My parents met at the Cafe de Paris in London in the early 60s and my dad bought her a lemonade…she was only 16 and they married 3 years later 🙂

13. cecilia September 4, 2013 at 22:20 #

Are those real donkeys? I think I might like a donkey.. c

• Chica Andaluza September 8, 2013 at 13:54 #

They are real! They have wild ponies and donkeys all over the New Forest and cows seem to wander at will too – it’s so beautiful! You gave to get 2 donkeys though, not just 1 as they get lonely otherwise 😦

14. Karen September 5, 2013 at 14:22 #

It sounds like just what you needed. I’m sure your parents enjoyed you visit as well.

15. PendleStitches September 6, 2013 at 10:45 #

Bliss!

16. Rachel September 8, 2013 at 17:20 #

What are the little white flowers on the plate? The stems look a bit like parsley… very pretty! Love the photos – thanks for taking us on your visit! Mmmmm….

• Chica Andaluza September 8, 2013 at 17:33 #

They’re gypsophelia (I think that’s how you spell it) also called Baby’s Breath – traditionally used in Bridal bouquets!

17. Charles September 9, 2013 at 23:37 #

Oh, I love the new forest – Keep meaning to show it to my wife but whenever we’re in England we always seem to run out of time! Hope you’re having a wonderful time! 🙂

• Chica Andaluza September 10, 2013 at 11:30 #

I had last been many, many years ago so it was good to revisit it with Big Man and see it again!

18. TBM October 8, 2013 at 11:33 #

I like the way you do nothing!