Another Ottolenghi inspired recipe – his calls for roasted chopped hazlenuts and orange. Hey, you do what you can with what you have on hand and “wow” it was so good!
This was a dish I took along to a barbecue but with a little grilled meat or some hard boiled eggs (for a vegetarian meal) would make a very delicious and satisfying light lunch or supper dish.
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 400g of trimmed French beans chopped and lightly boiled
- 400g mangetout lightly boiled
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped and lightly boiled
- 70g chopped or flaked almonds, dry toasted in a frying pan
- 2 limes – zested and the juice squeezed out
- 20g chopped parsley
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Simply mix together the lime zest, juice, olive oil and seasoning and add to the beans and mangetout. Sprinkle over the almonds, mix, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve at room temperature.