It´s been a hectic little morning up our mountain. A nearby complex which offers rural holiday accommodation – http://www.cortijolasmonjas.com/ – just in case you want to have a look at the same lovely scenery I see every day, ran a four hour workshop on distilling aromatic plants. More of that later in another post. I got home so relaxed by the lovely smells of lavender, geranium and melissa, I wasn´t really in the mood for “proper” cooking. Big Man had been tidying up the vine in the vegetable patch, so he was hungry. I needed something fast and filling.
Well, not being a girl who is ever likely to be caught with her fridge empty, I pulled together a speedy potato salad. It´s green because of the avocados that are very much in abundance here at the moment, and because I used a big bunch of chives from our garden.
So, here it is, in all it´s delicious simplicity, for two people.
- Two large potatoes cooked in their skins then peeled and diced
- Four rashers of grilled bacon, chopped
- One large avocado, peeled and diced
- Half a cup of cooked peas or broad beans (guess what I used!)
- Half a cup of chopped green olives
- One grilled red pepper, peeled and chopped
- Some finely chopped chives (I used about 2 heaped tablespoons)
- One heaped tablespoon of mayonnaise
- One small tub of natural yogurt (mixed with the mayo)
- Pepper – you may not need salt because of the bacon, it´s down to you
Mix up all your ingredients, season and then stir in the mayonnaise and yogurt mixture. Also good as a side dish, but we just dug in and scoffed the lot!