I do love alliteration don´t you?! Even more I enjoy a speedy supper dish which tastes amazing and looks pretty too.
If you don´t eat pork, this would be delicious too with chicken. It just wouldn´t be so alliterative.
Ingredients (to serve 2)
- 1 pork fillet cut into small strips (or use a small piece of pork loin)
- 1 pepper, sliced (I used an orange one)
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced quite thickly
- About 6 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 heaped teaspoon of smoked pimentón
- A small glass of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of crème fraiche (or use full fat yogurt)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
Start by browning the little strips of meat in a tablespoon or so of olive oil. When they are browned, remove from the pan and set aside. Now add the onions, garlic, peppers and mushrooms into the same pan and cook gently until softened then turn up the heat slightly to give some colour to the onions.
Add the meat back into the pan and sprinkle over the pimentón and season. Fry gently for a minute then add the wine. Turn the heat down and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes then turn the heat up for a minute or so just to reduce a little of the liquid.
Check to taste the seasoning, turn off the heat and stir in the crème fraiche. Delicious served with plain boiled rice and some green vegetables.