If, like me, you don’t fear the carbs (although realy I should), this is a tasty and economical pizza to feed a crowd. And then you take the crowd out for a walk to burn off the carbs!
- One Quanity of Pizza Dough
- About 2 cups of chopped tomatoes or your favourite pasta sauce
- 1 large potato, boiled in its skin then peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 ball of mozzarella, chopped into bite sized chunks
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- Half a cup of grated cheese (I used a mix of parmesan and emmental)
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tin anchovies in olive oil (optional) omit for a vegetarian version
Turn the oven onto the highest setting while you prepare the pizza. Put the tin or tray you will be using into the oven to heat up
Roll out your dough to fit the tin and place it on some greaseproof or baking paper. Cover with the tomato sauce. Mix the potato, cheeses, spring onion and garlic together in a bowl and spread this mixture over the pizza. Lay the anchovies over the top and pour over any oil from the tin.
Slide the pizza onto the hot tray (with or without the baking paper) and bake for about 12-15 minutes until the cheese starts to brown and the pizza is crispy.
Hope you enjoy the walk, click on the photos to see them in more detail.