Lunch, Lemons and a Patio – Un Almuerzo, Unos Limones y Un Patio

6 Jun

Our time in Spain is drawing to a close and it’s time to head back to our other life and home in England. It’s been an eventful few weeks running around, sorting out paperwork, bills and bank accounts, we’ve had 2 funerals, 1 first communion, family lunches and dinners, get togethers with friends, gardening, house painting, rubbish clearing and pool cleaning. Although we haven’t had a dip yet…far too cold for us “out of towners”! I’m also going to try and write a little in Spanish as our family and friends here complain that they can’t enjoy my posts properly. It will be appalling, but I’ll give it a go.

Nuestro tiempo en España ya está acabando. Ha llegado la hora de prepararnos para volver a nuestra otra vida, nuestro otro hogar en Inglaterra. Han sido unas semanas llenas – arreglando papeles, pagando facturas y hablando con el banco. Hemos tenido dos entierros y una primera comunión. Comidas con familia y amigos, jardinería, pintando la casa, tirando basura y limpiando la piscina.¡ Aunque estos “forasteros” todavía no se han bañados!

Berenjenas y Limones 007

We picked the lemons off our tree, despite them being still green. They are keeping cool in the garage, but we were also gifted some gorgeous lemons from a friend. If you want some amazing ideas of what to do with a lemon glut, Margot over at Gather and Graze will inspire you. I’ll hopefully be posting some recipes in the weeks to come.

Hemos cogidos los limones de nuestro limonero, aunque están todavía verdes. Están en la cochera, a la sombra. Menos mal que un buen amigo nos ha regalado una bolsa de limones para comer ahora. Si quieres ser inspirada con unas recetas increíbles, vete a ver el blog de Margot aquí. Espero que dentro de unas semanas yo también voy a poner unas recetas usando nuestros limones.

Familia Zorilla 009 Familia Zorilla 010 Familia Zorilla 011 Familia Zorilla 012 Familia Zorilla 014

A recent family get together was held in the garden of one of Big Man’s cousins. It’s an old and beautiful town house in a Pueblo Blanco, behind a huge front door is a stunning house with beams, stone floors, thick walls and an enchanting walled patio garden which is like a little piece of paradise tucked away from the hustle and bustle.

Una reunión reciente con familia tuvo lugar en la casa de un primo de mi “Gran Hombre” y su pareja. La casa está situada en un Pueblo Blanco, y es increíblemente bonito e histórico. Por detrás de la casa hay un patio, casi escondido, como un pequeño y secreto trocito del paraíso.

Chivo

Chivo

Of course, there was good food and wine too – well….what else did you expect?!

Por supuesto, había también comida y vino bueno….¡pues, como siempre!

41 Responses to “Lunch, Lemons and a Patio – Un Almuerzo, Unos Limones y Un Patio”

1. PendleStitches June 6, 2015 at 16:47 #

Oh that patio garden! I would never leave. So beautiful.

• Chica Andaluza June 6, 2015 at 17:40 #

It’s amazingly beautiful. They also have a lot of land where they grow pretty much every Mediterranean vegetable plus peaches and olive…and we get to share!!

• PendleStitches June 6, 2015 at 18:37 #

Oh how wonderful. I dream of having a little homestead like that. One day!

• Chica Andaluza June 6, 2015 at 18:40 #

And you will….. 🙂

• PendleStitches June 8, 2015 at 10:41 #

Your lips to God’s ears!

2. thecompletebook June 6, 2015 at 17:23 #

Apart from the 2 funerals, what a fun and busy trip home Tanya. What an magnificent and colourful garden. As our weather is getting colder – I can only dream of my summer garden.
    Have a beautiful and happy weekend.
    🙂 Mandy xoxo

3. Lynn June 6, 2015 at 17:33 #

What a lovely garden. Is that a white bougainvillea?

• Chica Andaluza June 6, 2015 at 17:39 #

It’s gorgeous – and I think it’s called something like a climbing geranium. Maria will probably know!

4. Mad Dog June 6, 2015 at 18:08 #

I wish I had a lemon tree and a fabulous shaded garden to go with it 😉

• Chica Andaluza June 6, 2015 at 18:27 #

It is a privilege – although our garden is no where near as pretty as the one in the photos!

• Mad Dog June 6, 2015 at 18:54 #

I remember yours looking lovely too, in some pictures posted a while ago 😉

5. The Seas Of Mintaka June 6, 2015 at 19:08 #

I love gardens! But I don’t think I’d ever have the time or the patience to take care of one! For the moment would much prefer to live in an apartment building where someone ELSE takes care of the garden haha! (However I don’t, I just have a plain old block in the middle of the city with no grounds around it so no garden, boohoohoo.)

6. Ginger June 6, 2015 at 21:10 #

What beautiful pictures, Chica! And your Spanish is coming along brilliantly! Enjoy the remaining time down south as we are having a heatwave here RIGHT NOW so we can’t guarantee there will be any sunshine left when you come back … Sorry!

• Chica Andaluza June 7, 2015 at 09:10 #

Thanks Ginger – am looking forward to enjoying some English sunshine soon!

7. Bluejellybeans June 6, 2015 at 22:42 #

Hola Tania! De verdad que es un trocito de paraíso… qué bonito! No sé si es el primer post bilingüe, me encanta! Un abrazo muy fuerte y buen viaje de vuelta a Inglaterra.

• Chica Andaluza June 7, 2015 at 09:09 #

Hola Giovanna – si, es el primer post bilingüe – me da vergüenza de los errores L Un abrazo, espero que las cosas han mejorado para vosotros…

8. Gather and Graze June 7, 2015 at 02:25 #

Lovely post Tanya… such beautiful photos of the garden and enjoyed trying to work out a few words in Spanish! Thanks for your kind shout out and link to my recent 🍋 post – very sweet of you. Wishing you a safe trip back to England.

• Chica Andaluza June 7, 2015 at 09:03 #

Thanks Margot – it’s good for me to write in Spanish. I speak it all the time as Big Man has virtually no English but writing it is quite another thing!

9. Eha June 7, 2015 at 03:14 #

Thank you for having become a wonderful teacher!! Have spent quite a time translating!! Have English [I suppose!!], German, Estonian, reasonable French, a little Italian and almost no Spanish . . . well, looking at your translations not so hard perchance in a mogrified country way!! Big hug . . . oh, great photos!!!!

• Chica Andaluza June 7, 2015 at 09:02 #

Thank you Eha – I spoke Frnech and Italian before I learned Spanish, they kind of helped. I find when you talk you can “fudge” your way through but the erros really show up when you write 😦 Oh well…I just need to practice more!

10. narf77 June 7, 2015 at 08:12 #

Well that was summer over and done with and back to Auld Blighty for autumn all over again 😉

11. cathyandchucky June 7, 2015 at 11:30 #

Lovely garden Chica. Hope your able to return soon.

12. chef mimi June 7, 2015 at 14:18 #

Great photos. I LOVE that big bowl! Check out my last blog post for something to do with one of those beautiful lemons!

13. Saiful Bahri June 8, 2015 at 02:56 #

The lemon trees and other trees planted for cooking or material needs make a cake?

14. Rachel June 9, 2015 at 19:36 #

I love seeing your garden. It is inviting and enchanting… mmmmm! Here we are suffering from mosquitoes, but at least we did have some rain, so it *looks* green and lush out there 😉 Safe travels!

15. Food,Photography & France June 10, 2015 at 10:43 #

Wonderful post….I don’t know how you can leave…but that’s an old guy speaking…certainly too old for today’s England.

16. bitsandbreadcrumbs June 16, 2015 at 21:09 #

What a gorgeous setting and gorgeous food to go with. Spain seems magical.

• Chica Andaluza June 17, 2015 at 11:58 #

It has many very special places – we’re very lucky to be able to enjoy it!

17. jamuherbalginjal July 31, 2015 at 01:07 #

nice, thank you for sharing

18. obatherbalpalingmurah August 23, 2015 at 15:59 #

It is best if planted trees in the yard, trees that are useful for cooking or eating .

• Chica Andaluza August 24, 2015 at 22:39 #

I agree, it’s good to have things planted that you can eat and enjoy!

19. kaoskarakter October 9, 2015 at 23:26 #

My wife made a cake using orange peel as an additional ingredient, it feels very good, I think you need to try chica.

20. Maulana Angga November 13, 2015 at 05:11 #

Wonderful post. What a beautiful garden, very nice pict.

21. Suci Purnamasari March 4, 2016 at 03:23 #

scenery in a very nice yard, so want to play around there. good article 🙂

22. Rak Sepatu Gantung June 29, 2016 at 01:19 #

fresh lemon!! ahh really tasty