18 Nov

Finally, back to the cooking. An easy recipe which looks like you´ve put lots of effort in and hours of work! This would also work well with pork loin or chicken breast.

You´ll need for 2 people (with leftovers which is always a good thing)

• 1 pork fillet
  • A sprig of rosemary (discard after cooking)
  • About 10 mushrooms thinly sliced
  • 2 rashers of bacon finely chopped
  • ½ a medium onion finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of crushed garlic
  • Small glass of dry white wine or sherry
  • Seasoning
  • Olive Oil
  • Set the oven to about 180ºC (medium)

Put the pork fillet on a sheet of aluminium and rub in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and season all over with pepper and salt.  Tuck the rosemary spring under the meat and bring the aluminium up to create a basket for the meat, but don´t cover it completely.  This basket will save the cooking juices.

Put the meat onto a baking tray and into the oven and cook for about 30-40 minutes until the juices run clear when you put a skewer into the thickest part.  Remove from the oven, remove the rosemary, wrap the foil tightly round it and keep it warm for about 5 minutes to let it rest a little.

While the meat is cooking, put a few tablespoons of oil into a deep frying pan and cook the onion, garlic and bacon together gently until the onions are soft.  Add the mushrooms and a grind of pepper, stir over the heat until the mushrooms have all absorbed a little oil then add the wine and a few grinds of black pepper (no salt usually needed because of the saltiness of the bacon).  Put a lid on the pan and simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked and the liquid has reduced by about half.

Now pour in the meat juices and stir in.  At this point you could add a dash of cream if you fancy a creamy sauce.  Slice the meat and either pour the bacon and mushroom sauce over or serve separately.

Any leftovers of meat can be finely chopped, mixed with the mushrooms and bacon with a little cream and are delicious on pasta!

Apologies to my veggie pals and readers (you know who you are 🙂 ) this is an unashamedly porky plate with little room for adaptation but I hope you will understand and forgive….

55 Responses to “Solomillo Asado con Champiñones y Beicon – Roast Pork Fillet with Mushrooms and Bacon”

1. idiosyncratic eye November 18, 2014 at 21:40 #

Did you sing?! O;)

2. 76sanfermo November 18, 2014 at 22:14 #

Mi piace molto e lo faro’! Grazie , dev’essere eccellente (e non difficile) !

3. DianeT November 18, 2014 at 22:38 #

Pork, bacon and mushrooms.
    What more could a girl want?

4. spicegirlfla November 18, 2014 at 22:54 #

No apologies needed for me…I’m all into this dish! Great presentation and simple preparation. Nice to see you back in the kitchen!

5. Mad Dog November 18, 2014 at 23:15 #

That sounds great and very coincidental, my sister was just telling me about cooking something very similar 😉

• Chica Andaluza November 19, 2014 at 20:52 #

We love our pork fillet in this house!

• Mad Dog November 19, 2014 at 21:17 #

It’s very popular in Spain, though it seems to be a bit overlooked here.

• Chica Andaluza November 19, 2014 at 21:20 #

And it’s not very expensive (at least, not in our local butcher’s shop)

• Mad Dog November 19, 2014 at 21:31 #

Yes, I think it’s generally quite cheap – don’t tell anyone 😉

• Chica Andaluza November 19, 2014 at 22:30 #

Shhhhh – our little secret 😉

• Mad Dog November 19, 2014 at 23:04 #

😉

6. Ana (Ana Travels) November 18, 2014 at 23:33 #

I,m drooling all over my keyboard. This dish looks heavenly!

7. Bagio November 19, 2014 at 00:14 #

Nice..delicous…hemmmm….

8. Eha November 19, 2014 at 02:44 #

Pork/mushrooms/wine – lunch: today – marvellous 🙂 !! Oh, the rosemary was there 🙂 !

9. Tandy | Lavender and Lime November 19, 2014 at 04:52 #

This is my kind of dinner!

10. thecompletebook November 19, 2014 at 08:21 #

When last did I use the scrummity – fabulous taste explosion flavourful dinner.
    Have a beautiful day Tanya.
    🙂 Mandy xo

• Chica Andaluza November 19, 2014 at 20:54 #

It’s been a while Mandy! Have a great day too J

11. narf77 November 19, 2014 at 16:58 #

No forgiveness needed Ms Chica, it takes all kinds to make a world and what a stunning plate of food you have created there :). You know just how to rustle up a delicious storm and from one gourmet to another (meat or not…) I salute you! 🙂

• Chica Andaluza November 19, 2014 at 21:14 #

Ah, the loveliest vegan in the world – that’s you Miss Narf7!

• narf77 November 20, 2014 at 05:19 #

🙂 You are darned tootin’ there Ms Chica 😉

• Chica Andaluza November 20, 2014 at 22:27 #

This made me doubly smile as I like to be “tootin’” when I can and…when I lived in South London I lived in Tooting Broadway!!

• narf77 November 20, 2014 at 23:55 #

I will tell Stevie-boy that you lived in Tooting and he will be suitably green. The closest he got to living near the greatest capital city in the world was Sarf end ;). Many a time he wished he lived closer as he worked close to London and it was always the travel that killed you at the start of a cold winters morning and at the end of a long hard day. I have planted out lots of Jerusalem artichokes, beans and brassicas as I am aiming to be “tootin'”myself in the near future. “A toot a day keeps the doctor (and everyone else) away!” narfish wisdom…make of it what you will 😉

12. Karen November 19, 2014 at 19:22 #

This sounds so good…I have everything except the mushrooms. I may be heading the the market later.

13. Rachel November 19, 2014 at 22:46 #

Oh this makes me happy – and how prettily you served it up! Mmmm…

14. cathyandchucky November 20, 2014 at 00:23 #

Yum! It’s breakfast time here but I’d rather be eating this 😄

15. restlessjo November 20, 2014 at 10:24 #

My kind of food! And easy too 🙂 Why didn’t I think of this? I almost never manage to have leftovers (we’re greedy pigs!) but that sounds tasty too. Sorry, I forgot to sing 🙂

16. PendleStitches November 20, 2014 at 17:51 #

That is a very elegant looking plate of food. And yummy too! I’m not convinced there’d be much in the way of leftovers once the men in my life had been turned loose on it! 😉

• Chica Andaluza November 20, 2014 at 22:40 #

I just make army catering sized portions to ensure there is a small chance of leftovers 😉

17. Novita November 22, 2014 at 01:16 #

from the picture…that’s look so delicious….may be you can share the recipe…:)

18. Celia @ Fig Jam and Lime Cordial November 23, 2014 at 07:29 #

It sounds delicious! I love the little aluminium basket idea! 🙂

• Chica Andaluza November 23, 2014 at 12:18 #

Even though your dishwasher is back up to speed, the less washing up the better I find!

19. bitsandbreadcrumbs November 24, 2014 at 00:20 #

I love porky dishes and this one looks mighty fine!

20. milkandbun November 24, 2014 at 19:48 #

Delicious and comforting meal! Love it! 🙂

21. Saiful Bahri June 5, 2015 at 09:47 #

Delicous….Makes me hungry 🙂

• Chica Andaluza June 5, 2015 at 20:29 #

We eat a lot of pork in Southern Spain and this is a favourite!

22. Manfaat Sari Kurma August 28, 2015 at 15:23 #

Mrs. Chica why not use ingredients beef but why use pork? He said pork is not good for health because it contains tapeworm in his flesh .

• Chica Andaluza August 28, 2015 at 18:31 #

I’m afraid I don’t agree. Pork is widely reared, consumed and enjoyed in Spain. Beef is not available easily in southern Spain.

23. Burhan October 27, 2015 at 17:17 #

can we change with beef?

24. Debby Aripianusari April 23, 2016 at 05:08 #

hmm, yummy 🙂 thanks to her recipe , plus dear husband